Friday 4 January 2013

2003 - A Baker's Work Is Never Done

I got a very late start tonight but you'd never know it! I had a dentist's appointment, walked to town, took a nap with Charlie, made dinner (Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon Glaze), then started baking! I guess I started at 6 or so and finished around 10:45 p.m.

I made Lime Meltaways for Lisa first. I didn't break a single one, which is unusual for this cookie. I think I let them sit long enough before shaking them in the powdered sugar. Yield: 6 Limey dozen. Then I sliced up my two logs and produced another 6 citrus-y dozen. Between us, I reserved a half dozen for Mom's cookie tray.

Then I decided to forge ahead with my PBs, which I had mixed up the night before. I admit I hate rolling the dough into those little balls. In fact, I got them all rolled up and covered with plastic wrap so they were ready to be criss-crossed when each pan was ready and cooled. I made another 6 dozen. Between us, we gave Mom eight for her Christmas-day tray.

Parchment paper is the only way to go every time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment