Monday 21 January 2013

2005 - An Irresistible Aroma

Hurry up and cool! Your aroma is so tempting!

This must be the earliest entry yet! I've taken my own advice by starting my Christmas baking in November and, to be honest, I couldn't help myself. I had to have some Pumpkin Bread! And since I had all the ingredients on hand, it was a snap to whip up seven mini loaves with my able assistant, Charlie. 
He said he didn't want any until he smelled it baking (what a truly irresistible aroma!), then he changed his mind. Then he was so impatient to have it, he kept asking for it while it was cooling. And when it was finally ready, he polished off four slices! I had mine with cream cheese, as usual. Yummy!
Then Neil had to run to the store to get some aluminum foil so I could wrap up the remaining loaves while they were still warm. I think they keep nicer that way. We gave each of his teachers and Mrs. Parks, the headmistress, one loaf each. They were very appreciative! Now we'll have to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment