Sunday 27 January 2013

2005 - Your Cookies Are in the Mail



I wanted to begin baking first thing this morning (Nov. 21) but there was still too much housework to finish first. I got my laundry started, cleaned half of Charlie's room, made breakfast, then started on Dunkable Brownies by 11 a.m.

I decided to use a 1/2-tablespoon measuring spoon to drop them onto the baking sheets, which made them a nice, small size — perfect for slipping into mailing tubes and sending to Lisa! I managed to get 1 1/2 dozen inside, wrapped in red cellophane. I hope they keep and I hope they get there quickly. I know it's silly, sending her Christmas cookies, especially considering how much it will cost to mail them. But it's my way of being with her. I'm going to mail them to her later today.

I only made one batch because I didn't have enough eggs to do the double (you need three per batch!). By making them small, I yielded seven petite dozen. However, tinier cookies resulted in a shorter baking time. I went from the recommended 12 minutes to 9. Also, my oven, that we bought when we moved into 51A, is a convection oven, so it bakes faster.

I found the recipe for Snickerdoodle Pinwheels, which I want to bake again this year. I thought it was Martha Stewart's recipe, but it's from a holiday issue of Better Homes & Gardens. Yummy!
It's time to finish cleaning his room now. More baking planned for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment